The definition of a retreat is that you travel for a purpose of promoting health and wellbeing through physical, psychological and/or spiritual places where you are able to get away from the stress of daily life to unwind, recharge and relax, this is usually a location by the sea, park, forest surrounded by nature and nice landscapes and can range between 1 day to 1 week or more. The idea is to improve your health and wellbeing through connection, exercise, take stock and pause, whilst facilitating peace and calm.
Wellbeing retreats have developed over decades, the aim is to help people live a more harmonious life, a typical day of an exercise retreat may involve a group of people taking a walk, incorporating some Pilates, Yoga and breathing, engaging in meaningful conversation and eating healthy.
You don’t have to travel to exotic destinations and undertake 2 weeks, just 1 day in a local environment will allow disconnection from routine, technology and the on-line world, it allows a shift of your perspective and can boost your energy and revitalise you, an exercise retreat is aimed both at addressing both body and mind, the physical and psychological. You take away the stress of normal life allowing a more mindful, balanced and connected life.
6 Reasons to undertake a Wellbeing Day
- Reconnect, bring zest back into your life.
- Get outdoors into the fresh air.
- Connect with nature, become curious and explore new landscapes and geography.
- Switch off from life’s busyness.
- Get expert advice from the leaders on the wellbeing day.
- Take away and implement strategies learnt and incorporate them into your everyday living.