Due to the COVID 19 Crisis, there is a change and new schedule to our groups Pilates classes. See below:
Live on line Pilates & Yoga Classes with Sarah – book your place +44 (0) 7967 482510
Live on line Pilates and Yoga small classes on Zoom/Skype – maximum 4 per class – Classes are general level of fitness, make sure you are fit and healthy and at the appropriate level of fitness, you need to complete the PARQ before commencing all sessions.
Monday 10.00am Pilates 6pm – Ballet Pilates
Tuesday 10.00am Pilates
Thursday 9.00am – Yoga – General
Friday 7.00pm – Yoga (breathing & Relaxation) – General
1. Make sure there is sufficient space to perform the exercises safely and move freely without obstacles, free from furniture, equipment, and other hazards, you need at least 4 square metres.
2. Make sure any equipment you use is in good condition.
3. The surrounding floor is entirely clear, remove any hazards that may increase the risk of slips, trips or falls.
4. Make sure there are no distractions during the session.
5. Make sure there is sufficient lighting, ventilation and hydration.
Group Exercises Classes
BACK STRENTHENING EXERCISE – SWAN DIVE – This is a demonstration of a typical exercise we would do in a Pilates class.
GROUP FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES
We will be running small group Pilates classes from 28th July 2020, groups will be for a maximum of 6 people, you must pre-book the slot before attending. Details of venues to be announced soon. Contact: Sarah via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Pilates Lessons
Please call 07967 482510: email@example.com to find out about individual Pilates lessons.
*Are suitable for those who are beginner to intermediate. *Mats and equipment are provided.
Pilates is a system of mind-body exercises including breathing, maintaining a neutral spine, developing strong core muscles, flowing movements which aim to improve co-ordination, balance, challenge neuromuscular pathways and improve your kinaesthetic sense by fine tuning your exercises and improving motor skills.
Awareness of addressing muscular imbalances caused by poor posture and sporting activities you will learn to move more easily with less tension in the body.
Our method focuses on an holistic approach, you develop a sense of body awareness, learn how to activate key postural muscles and achieve stability in the abdominals and lower back.
Each exercise is executed with precision, considering the angle of the spine, pelvis and curves of your spine. What makes Pilates different is you do not just focus on one muscle, but address the body as a whole.
Our collection of exercises vary from week to week and exercises have carefully been selected to complement each other by incorporating both simple and complex movements. Group classes include using resistance bands/circles for additional toning.
PILATES EXERCISES WILL BENEFIT:
- Sportspeople, those who have suffered injuries or muscle imbalance as a result of their sport such as racket sports, running or golf.
- Performers, such as dancers, actors or musicians.
- Performance sports, horse riding and dressage, ice skating, where posture and alignment are essential.
- Those wishing to return to exercise or take up exercise for the first time.
- Elderly people wishing to improve strength and mobility.
- People wishing to prevent the onset of osteoporosis
- Those students with disability and/or special needs.
- Those suffering from stress or stress related illness.
Posture Analysis – Spine, Pelvis, Scapula
Whether you are sitting at a computer, attending meetings, we often sit in a poor position for prolonged periods of time, which can create compression in the hip joints. This can lead to shortened muscles in the back, knees, neck and torso.
What we need is more movement. if we want to keep our back healthy, we need regular breaks from the desk and move more frequently.
Lunch time Pilates and exercise classes enable us to move our bodies and become more aware of our posture. In addition, by taking a regular session at lunch time exercise can boost our concentration levels, so we end the day feeling more supple and relaxed with less stiffness.
Fitness Excel offers Pilates and yoga lunch time session or after office hours, Pilates or yoga exercises can help reduce a stiff back and neck, through prolonged sitting at a desk.
Contact: Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org – +44 (0)7967 482510